Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[176 / 5 / 80]

What was Cover thinking with Tempus?

No.53424539 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is not a rhetorical question--I'm genuinely trying to piece together the conception and execution of Holostars EN, because I'm sure a lot of interesting shit happened behind the scenes, especially in EN management. Here's what we know:
>cover had applications open to EN males since before Myth
>they specifically announced auditions for EN homos in January of 2022, soon after the Luxiem boom
>Tempus are NOT part of JP Holostars from a management standpoint and shinove didn't know that they were coming
>Tempus debuted in July 2022, around the time when people would have expected EN3
>Their original logo had a backwards E that looked like a 3
Here's my speculation:
>Cover didn't want to risk creating StarsEN early on because male vtubers weren't a proven quantity in the west, and the Western Hololive boom had totally ignored the JP Stars, but there were enough people begging on Reddit and Twitter that they didn't totally discard the idea
>They decided to let Niji take the first step and decided to go ahead with HomoEN after they proved it could be a successful model
>because they thought the idol/gachi aspect was irrelevant in the west and that the winning model was more like NijiEN (remember this is before they became a trainwreck), they put it under the EN management umbrella as "HoloPro EN" and, because of fear of oversaturation, decided to make 2022 the Tempus year and postpone EN3 until 2023
>Omega and the rest of EN management wanted to outright merge HoloEN and HomoEN but Cover wouldn't let them, so they used the "HoloPro EN" label and things like the T3MPUS logo to try and blur the dividing line
>similarly, they encourage the HoloEN girls to collab with them and tell them not to worry about unicorns
>they start to back off from this after Tempus isn't accepted as EN3 and after there's more backlash than expected to collabs, and even more backlash to that after Tempus part 2 is announced in January
>at some point Omega got fired and a lot of management got replaced, one which won't psu boundaries nearly as much
>no idea what's going on with vesper and magni