Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[45 / 5 / 33]

No.54348837 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Now that everyone is hyped on HoloEN 3. I thinks it's a good time to ask this question...
When does A LOT become TOO MUCH?
Ideally, how many people do you think a vtuber company should have? We all learn this lesson that accelerate only hurts individual vtuber growth. Most Vtuber watchers are greynames who only watch casualy. But they are usually people who doesn't have fixed oshi and just watch anyone who is live. Thus caniballizing each other viewership in the same company is a real thing that happens. This wouldn't happen if everyone spread their stream time slot accordingly, but reality is that everyone always stream at the same time while also playing the same FOTM games.
Make fun of greynames all you want, but they are the one who brings in numbers. And numbers are the only metrics that matters in the eyes of advertisers and sponsors. It doesn't matter if Greg spend his mother credit card buying 100 red supachat to Gura. Only a fraction of that goes to Cover and even less to talents. Greg mom's credit card can't support Cover forever since his mom will found out eventually. And Greg is an exception, not the norm. Most people just spend green or even blue supachat which bring in even less money. Sponsorship and merch is where most Vtuber money is at.
>but muh merch
Yes I say merch, but do you know how most corpos consider how much merch should they produce for each talents? Oh look, there is a convenient number shown on Youtube to gauge how popular our talent are. We should produce them accordingly. Unless the talent is willing to use their own money, this is how the industry standard is.
>they will attract new audience
What audience? The reality is, vtuber market already reached it peak during Covid. Viewership is down across the board not just for vtuber, but for streaming in general. People now has less spending money and even less time to watch vtuber after they are forced to go back into their waggie cage. It just a cope, reality is that viewer just jump around towards less fiery sinking ship instead of having new blood coming in. I bet the newest newfag in this board that actually watch stream watch vtuber since mid to late 2022. Those who join later doesn't even watch stream and mostly just shit stirrer drawn in from "4chan vtuber board" react content on twitter and Youtube.
Personaly I think HoloEN is still in the clear, but I am afraid that it might be reaching the breaking point with HoloJP soon.