Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[28 / 4 / 26]

Is gura actually based?

No.66087702 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Call me crazy, but I’m starting to genuinely believe she hates cover corp, not her fans.

To me, streaming her perspective from ame’s channel is as clear a message as possible that she does not want to use the gawr gura YouTube channel.

I think we can all agree that something is very wrong and has been for over a year at this point.

We also have unique access to what cover’s main competitor’s contracts look like thanks to their plethora of graduations and Zaion going public.

Whether you like to accept it or not, if myth had a good cut from the get go, they should've made enough in their debut year to retire.

The fact that they haven’t means 1 of 2 things: They haven’t made enough via their contract or they enjoy what they’re doing enough to work anyway.

It’s likely a combination of both but gura’s case is unique. She exploded in popularity. Like, no one else is even fucking close.

But all of a sudden, gura DID stop streaming. People have been putting out all these meme reasons with shitty doxxing like she’s pregnant (not true) or is getting married, a ton of other ospec bullshit.

I’d be willing to put good money on the real reason for her lack of interaction being a fight for a better contract.

She has all the power here but cover owns the IP, so she can’t just leave. Both parties are in a standstill and this is all about money.

I’m not saying gura is a messiah of vtubing, or even a good person.

I am saying she’s using her power to get what she believes is her fair share (even if that number is 7-8 figures)

Ninisanji may be a black corpo, but they’re not unique. There’s a reason holo, phase, idol, even vshojo have falling outs.

The real enemy isn’t the chuuba’s greed. It’s the entertainment companies themselves.