Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[11 / 2 / ?]

No.733977 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>hey bro you know those vtubers are just performance artists right
>hey bro you know that theyre just faking their voices right
>hey bro you know that theyre probably not showing their true self on stream
>hey bro you know theyre just idols theyll never actually return their affection to you because of idol culture

Yeah. thats the fucking point. If i wanted to follow a miserable streamer where i had to listen to them tell stories about their miserable life every time they had a bad day, i could find like ten billion others easily. Those are a dime a dozen. And none of them are worth fucking watching for that exact reason.

It's actually BETTER that vtubers (specifically hololive) are performance artists with idol standards. Because it means that their streams have standards. I don't give a fuck if they are altering their voice or personality or stream. Why would I? Why would you?
Why would anyone give a fuck about their "real" self if it is just boring, dull, sad, and insufferable to watch? Who cares about authenticity and reality? Aren't you watching a vtuber to escape those things into a fantasy anyways? Entertainment would be shallow, dull and uninspiring if people just acted like themselves all the time. It would be almost valueless to us. If you don't hololive, fine. But if your reasons are that they're "performance artists", then no shit sherlock. But that's the entire reason why they're better than your average streamer and what separates the idols from the plebs.

In the words of Alexander Pushkin: "A deception that elevates us is dearer to us than a host of low truths."