Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[293 / 36 / 1]

Anyone else feel like HoloEN has become a poorly managed cash grab on smoöthbrains?

No.76168102 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hear me out here. Holo used to be good around 2020-21, back when everyone was actively streaming, forming friendships, and coming up with creative ideas. But when I look at current Holo, I see none of that. Instead, I see:
>A near-total focus on concerts, events & merch, to the utter detriment of streaming
>Talents too burnt out to stream
>Most talents who do stream do so in near-complete isolation, focusing on their little insular community
>EN is barely able to organize anything, must rely on ID because they can never get more than 3-4 people across their 3 gens (despite the girls being incredibly wealthy and having free schedules 80% of the year)
>Streamers milking the same games for years due to burnout & perms fuckery
>Many talents showing obvious hints of dissatisfaction with their job, venting on stream, twitter, PL
>Merch and concerts still have unimpressive production values
>Merch is grossly overpriced
I don't fully blame the girls because it seems like Cover has done no effort to make their jobs easier or foster their talent as streamers. But it really does feel like a ton of them have given up on Hololive being something "fun". Now you get merch and concerts.