Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / 1]

Trying to find a podcast that would appeal to both me and my dad

No.1453098 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have two 6-hour road trips waiting for me with my estranged dad in the immediate future. I want something to help fill the silence, but I'm not sure what kind of podcasts we would both like.

I like horror, the paranormal, and mystery, particularly with an overarching narrative. However, I don't like true crime since knowing it happened to a real person just makes it harder for me to detach myself from the tragedy of the situation. I don't know exactly what my dad likes. He's always been a "whatever you want" type of person. However, he is a devout pastor, so anything overtly demonic or occult is out. Also, to be bunt, his mental facilities have degraded after a past TBI. He's not senile or anything, but anything too complex or surreal would probably just frustrate him.

I've ruled out Limetown, Ostium, Mayfair Watchers Society, SCP Archives, and The Magnus Archive, either because I'm already several hours into them and don't want to restart, or just because I don't think my dad would like them. Do any other podcasts come to mind that we might both be able to enjoy, even if not for the same reasons?