Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / 1]

No.1453240 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm looking for a flash game that's at least 10 years old called 'The Facebook Game' or something like that. Probably closer to 15 years old. I'm 99% sure I played it on Newgrounds.

It's not really even a "game." You control a girl in her house with 5 rooms, one in the center and another in each direction of North, South, East, and West. The only goal is to fill up a 'Social Media' meter by standing near a computer in the center room, but it only fills up if 4 other meters aren't empty. To keep the other 4 meters full, you have to move to the other 4 rooms, and stand near something to do an activity which fills the corresponding meter. I remember one of the activities is taking selfies in a bathroom.

It's a very bleak, deliberately unhappy "game" with simple, deliberately dark and ugly graphics. I would call it satire, but I don't think it's even that since there's not even a facade of happiness. It's just bluntly showing how empty, sad, and pointless the "Social Media" meter is. The whole thing takes 5 minutes at most to finish.

It has a sad, very slow soundtrack, which is one song on repeat.