Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 1 / ?]

Should I Teach Myself Programming?

No.957409 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Would it be possible to get a programming job from home that doesn't require me to work from x time to y time? I have a few books on programming. Would it be worth the investment to teach myself programming? I'm currently a NEET who can't get a normal job due to severe OCD.

How much math do you need to know to do regular programming work? For the past few months, I've been reviewing algebra, trigonometry, geometry, and a little bit of calculus to refresh my mind on mathematics, but I'm at the point where I'm starting to get burned out. I didn't review any math today, and I've been doing at least a few minutes of it everyday for the past couple months.

I actually dropped out of high school within the first week of junior year, and I've taught myself almost all the math I know. (Credit goes to the people who have produced easy-to-understand math videos.) The farthest I got in math in high school was Algebra I with a little bit of geometry. I'm also obsessively learning Latin and Spanish right now. I've taken introductory computer science (essentially just programming) at my local community college, and I learned a bit of C++ over there. I could, without much difficulty, teach myself how to program, but it would take a lot of time and effort, and I won't do it unless I would be able to make some kind of money out of it.