Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[30 / 11 / 22]

Stealth Camping Netherlands

No.2675280 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Is it fairly difficult to stealth camp in this country? If I travel there as an American and I bring along basic supplies such as small tent or bivy sack, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, and a small pack to put it all in could I feasibly camp in rather Urban areas like Utrecht, Den Bosch, Rotterdam, etc or would I need to stick to the very rural areas?

Is there good tree coverage in a lot of areas or is it pretty flat and wide open in most places of the Netherlands?

If I have to breakdown and camp at an established camp ground how abundant are these near urban areas and is there adequate public transportation from them?

I'd like to travel around Northern and Central Europe for relatively cheap but I realize some countries can be quite difficult urban/stealth camping within.

Are the police really strict? If they caught me camping in a park would they just tell me to move along, fine me, or even worse arrest me?

Don't worry, I'm a white guy, would dress very well, and would respect the areas I am bedding down for the night. Not interested in trashing the countries I visit or sticking out as a total vagrant.