Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!UCDxn1yqtzR
[1455 / 339 / ?]

The King & Queen of /QST/: Nominations, Qualifications, & Preparations

!!UCDxn1yqtzR ID:y/Z6fnmr No.5961634 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Welcome anons, one and all, to the long-overdue /qst/ waifu and husbando tournament(s)... or, as I'm going to call them, The KING & QUEEN OF /QST/! In this and upcoming threads, we're going to decide which character is the best boy and greatest girl in all of our weird little art commune.

>Who died and put you in charge?
Hey, someone's gotta' do it.

>What are the rules?
This is going to be run it as a round robin. It would be 2.5 months at one match-up per thread per day (though I'd probably take a day off now and then), if I run the King and Queen tourneys concurrently in two separate threads.

It will largely be a popularity contest, but each match-up will also have an 'event', and the character who can most persuasively be argued to be advantaged in that event will receive a 1d6-vote bonus, which I'll roll when I tally the votes This will add that vital spice of randomness, excitement, and interactive storytelling that makes these threads actually allowed on the board.

I'm going to take a month or so for a preliminary 'qualification and submission' thread to see which characters participate, and then to commission the initial art. My eligibility criteria would be that a character:

>1. cannot have been a contender in the previous tourneys (though the quest CAN have been; just not that specific character); these can be seen at https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2021/4999756/ and https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2022/5090023/
>2. must be from a quest which has either wrapped up OR has at least 3 threads and hasn't been flaked on (yet, kek)
>3. must be an original character, not from an existing multimedia property; Karn is allowed, Son Goku is not
>4. must have some art of them for the commissioned artist to reference; any art is fine, but be aware that the more detailed/accurate, the better your portrait will be (if we raise sufficient funds for portraits)
>5. maximum of one character per tourney for any given quest; you can have one Queen entered and one King entered, but not two Queens or Kings
>6. non-gendered characters can be submitted to either, but only to one or the other, not both