Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[321 / 24 / ?]

First Thoughts of Isles of Armor

No.43904217 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I want this thread to be sort of a containment for the anons who bought this DLC the minute it came out. What are y'all's thoughts on the new areas, level scaling, characters, ect.?

As for me, I can honestly say that Isles of Armor is a DEFINITE fucking step up from the base game. Besides what some cherry-picked screenshots might tell you, the new Wild Area looks a lot more colorful and alive than the base one. The sea, beach, and cove all feel so feel so natural to explore thought, like you're actually trespassing different biomes of an island instead of the base Wild Area where is feels like GF just plopped the Dusty Bowl in the middle of nowhere for variety's sake.

Now, there's one thing I will warn you guys about if y'all want any sort of "difficulty" in this DLC: this is NOT a postgame DLC; at most this is a Soulborne style added side content that you can explore during the main campaign. Even with the new level scaling, your endgame teams can EASILLY sweep through most of the challenges this new content offers, and even thought Pokemon's difficulty is mainly a joke in SwSh, I think it's best to experience this during a new playthrough rather than late game.