Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[159 / 78 / 51]

My Pokemon Emerald Autism Thread

No.53536160 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello sirs. In this, if I do say so myself, exciting and soulful thread I will be going over all of the areas and Pokemon in the Hoenn region (Emerald version mainly) and what I love about them.

First we have with Littleroot Town. It is here we are presented with a rather stark contrast from the previous mainline games' regions. The environment is that of a rich, dark green forest area clearing, as opposed to the more classically rural areas seen in the likes of Pallet and Newbark Town. The music is different, yet pleasant, itself as well.

Up north we are greeted by this region's three starter Pokemon: Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip!

Treecko is sleek and nimble, and perhaps of a slightly smug temperament. It enjoys chewing on its twig. A grass type, Treecko's starting disposal of moves include the grass type moves Absorb or, via TM not too much later on, Bullet Seed, along with some normal type moves in Pound and Quick Attack. It excels in the first gym of the game, and despite its sub optimal typing can hold its own against most fights later on in the region's setting. It evolves into Grovyle at level 16, gaining access to the powerful grass type move Leaf Blade (a move with a built in high critical hit ratio) at level 29, and evolves of course once more at level 36 into Sceptile. As stated previously, Sceptile is a sleek and fast grass lizard Pokemon, and can hit even its weak type matchups fast and hard with moves such as Dragon Claw (TM), Earthquake (TM), Aerial Ace (TM), and even Thunderpunch via Emerald move tutor! (Part 1/???)