Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[30 / 7 / 10]

/vtgd/ - /vt/’s General Directory

No.48373203 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Welcome to /vt/’s very own general directory!

>what is this?
With so many generals, this is the one stop shop to quickly find generals you like. Perhaps you can’t remember the name of the general that you want to post in. This has you covered as well! I have organized this into a simple, and easy to understand way.

>is that all this thread is for?
No. Feel free to also discuss anything and everything related to the generals on /vt/! You can shill them, discuss happenings, drama, stories, interesting tidbits, or whatever else. Feel free to use this as a neutral place to discuss changes you want with your general and your general’s OP here instead of cluttering your own general. You can also talk about any talents who have a general.

>does this include generals outside of /vt/?
This does NOT include generals from other boards. Do not post those here.

>what is a general?
On /vt/, it is a thread that is relatively consistently made to discuss a vtuber, a group of vtubers, or other related topics. They can be persistent, made only when a talent is streaming, or just occasionally. As long as it is structured as a recurring thread and not a random one-off thread or topic. To be in this directory, they must also fit the inclusion criteria below.

>what generals are included in the directory?
It must fulfill one of 2 requirements:
1. It has had at least 10 threads get to bump limit AND has been around for at least 2 months.
OR
2. Has been around for at least a year and has at least a monthly thread during that year, but bump limit does not matter.

>can I discuss my new general that doesn’t fit the inclusion criteria?
Yes. But it will not be in the directory until it does.

>how does the directory work?
This OP post explains the organization methodology, and the next posts are where the directory begins.

>there are mistakes!
If your favorite general is not here, please double check if it meets the inclusion criteria above, and then feel free to post it here (with proof it fits the criteria preferably). I will add it next time. Please feel free to correct me if I make any mistakes. I can’t browse every general after all! And feel free to suggest any improvements!

>is this itself a general now?
I will only post this once a week or so. Likely on Saturdays. If I make it on Saturday and it dies before Sunday, I may make one on Sunday. I won’t make any on weekdays. I will not add this to the directory unless it meets the criteria listed above.

>how are things sorted?
They are sorted into groups from 1-5. What do these mean?

Group 1 = Big 3 vtuber corporation generals (COVER, ANYCOLOR, and VShojo). They often have many generals, so it is necessary to group them separately. This includes all generals related to these groups. Since this group has so many generals, they get a second classifying method of their own explained later.

Group 2 = Small and medium-sized corporation generals. Any corporation general that is not of the big 3 goes here. They typically only have one general related to their corporation and are not made for individual talents. But if any individual talents from these companies have a general, they are included here.

Group 3 = Non-corporate vtuber generals. These are generally broad and incorporate large swaths of vtubers no matter what company they come from. But they still focus on the vtubers they cover. OR these are individual talents not in a company.

Group 4 = Vtuber related topic generals. These do not talk about talents like other generals. Instead, they focus on many other topics such as fan games/servers, fetishes, memes, etc.

Group 5 = Notable dead generals. These are completely dead, have not been seen in a while, or are rare enough to not be found during a typical month (but still meet the criteria for a general as stated above or at least were somewhat close to it). Only include if a vtuber has nowhere but global/corporate threads to go. No terminated/graduated vtuber generals. Corporations going out of business leading to a general to die can be included.

>how are big 3 corporation generals classified?
Big 3 generals are classified into 3 categories beginning with the letter “c” and then a capital letter “A”, “B” or “C”. How does this work?

cA = An individual talent general. Only one vtuber is discussed in this general. This also means vtubers who have been different vtubers in the past get this treatment.

cB = Multiple talents grouped into one general. This is when 2 or more talents have a shared general. This does include individual generations, but this does NOT include an entire corporation or branch.

cC = A global general. This represents a general discussing a big 3 corporation as a whole or a specific branch.

>anything else?
Anything else I want to note about a general will be spoilered under their listing. Sadly, Japanese text can’t be linked directly for searching, nor can numbers or special characters, so we will have to make do.