Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 4 / 1]

/out/ is the best video game ever

No.2721708 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay, not literally, but I'm relatively new to going /out/ and I wanted to share my thoughts. I've just started going on my first overnights and I've loved it each time. I had this thought during my last camping trip while running around in the snow in the pitch darkness with my headlamp collecting firewood and I can honestly say, despite how simple it was, no video game had ever brought me so much fun and excitement, and I was just picking up sticks.

Now, as I prepare for my first solo backpacking trip, I downloaded a GPS app and its offline maps. Due to the limitation of the one I went with, I have to manually map my trail. It was then I realized the potential fun I could have using this app. I loved Breath of the Wild, especially the exploration aspect, and my plan during my next backpacking trip is to look out for edible mushrooms (of all kinds) and mark them on my map. I also plan to take photos of landmarks and points of interest to mark on my map as well. Since I'm a bit of a completionist, my end goal is to hike every single trail and visit every peak of my nearest statepark, and then move onto the next.

I guess the only thing that's really missing is combat, but I'm not jumping at the opportunity to enter a knife fight with some trail hobo or take down a bear lol. One of these days I'll look into picking up fishing for that extra camp activity. Thanks for reading.