Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.

Threads by latest replies - Page 52

Trump will again test ‘blame Democrats’ message on the economy — this time at a casino

No.1463716 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
https://www.politico.com/news/2025/12/09/trump-will-again-test-his-blame-democrats-message-on-the-economy-this-time-at-a-casino-00683164

President Donald Trump will visit Pennsylvania Tuesday where he will talk up the efforts he’s taken to ease economic pain for Americans — the latest attempt to reboot an affordability message that’s been hindered by his insistence that the economy is strong.

Trump has repeatedly tried to control the narrative by suggesting he and his administration are fighting an uphill battle against policies enacted by former President Joe Biden — he has called affordability a “Democrat scam” — and is asking Americans to give him more time to resuscitate the country. And he’s expected to lean on that same message in the battleground state of Pennsylvania at a casino resort in Mount Pocono.

In an interview with POLITICO’s Dasha Burns for a special episode of The Conversation that published on Tuesday, Trump gave himself an “A-plus-plus-plus-plus-plus” grade on the economy. And on Tuesday, Trump’s speech is likely to be more of the same — reminding Americans about the steps the administration says it’s taken to help the economy in the face of what he inherited from Biden.

Ahead of the trip, White House spokesperson Kush Desai said “much work remains” but that “putting an end to Joe Biden’s inflation and affordability crisis has been a Day One priority for President Trump” and ticked off accomplishments including “slashing costly regulations to securing historic drug pricing deals efforts that have cooled inflation and raised real wages.”
65 posts omitted

Trump to unveil $12 billion bailout for farmers hit by tariffs

No.1463468 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-unveil-12-billion-aid-farmers-hit-by-trade-war-white-house-official-says-2025-12-08/

WASHINGTON, Dec 8 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump was set to unveil a $12 billion aid package for American farmers affected by his trade policies, a White House official said on Monday.
The announcement was due to be made at a 2 p.m. (1900 GMT) roundtable at the White House, the official said.

U.S. farmers have been saddled this year with record harvests and lost billions of dollars in soybean sales to China when the nation turned to South American suppliers this fall during stalled trade talks.
The administration had been expected to announce a farm bailout totaling as much as $15 billion in October. Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins previously said the 43-day federal government shutdown delayed the rollout.
Bloomberg News, which first reported the amount of the aid package, said growers of cattle and crops from grains to soybeans, cotton and potatoes will attend the White House event.
20 posts omitted

The Fall of Nations~How We Got Here & What Comes Next~Vlog on a Blog

No.1464197 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The world is collapsing under the weight of lies, propaganda, and geopolitical stupidity, but Yahowah’s perspective cuts through the chaos with clarity and purpose. If you want the truth about politics, war, Islam, Christianity, and the future of the nations, follow the evidence and compare everything to Yahowah’s words at YadaYah.com.
https://youtube.com/live/OspUU13-o5o

Arkansas anti-gay christian activist caught staging kidnapping of special-needs daughter

No.1463430 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
https://www.swtimes.com/story/news/2025/12/04/ex-library-board-member-faces-arrest-in-alleged-kidnapping-scheme/87609767007/

Former Crawford County Library Board member Tamara “Tammi” Hamby turned herself in Dec. 3, 2025, on charges of criminal conspiracy to commit kidnapping and endangering the welfare of an incompetent person in the first degree stemming from a plot to kidnap her own daughter Nov. 17, 2025.

Tammi Hamby targeted her daughter, Jami Hamby (age 22, listed as mentally incompetent on the arrest warrant), to have her “kidnapped” as a scare tactic due to Jami talking to strangers online.

Jami Hamby escaped her kidnappers and fled to a nearby home in Rudy, Arkansas, where the county sheriff was called and arrived at the scene.

Through the investigation, it was learned that Tami Hamby spoke with Shannon Childers, who is the Hambys' certified nursing assistant, who assists in the care for Jami, to help stage the kidnapping. The plot was to have someone pretend to be associated with country singer Luke Bryan and get Jami to go with them, drive her to a field up the road, tell Jami they’re not with the singer, demand money, and tie Jami to a tree. Tammi could rescue her daughter and use it as a lesson as to why she shouldn’t talk to strangers online.

Tammi asked Childers if she knew anyone who could assist with the plan. Childers recruited David Quach and Nico Austria.

Childers drove Quach and Austria to show them where Jami lived and the field in which to tie up Jami. Tammi would be nearby watching.
133 posts omitted

Progressive Portland

No.1463266 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Portland confirms that if someone sneaks up behind you without warning and stabs you, if you call them a racial slur out of shock, the person who stabbed you did not commit a crime
A Portland, Oregon, jury has cleared a black man of assault charges for stabbing a white man — after it was revealed that the victim said the N-word after the attack.
https://nypost.com/2025/12/07/us-news/portland-man-cleared-of-stabbing-white-man-because-he-used-n-word/
Black man acquitted of stabbing white man by Portland jury — after victim said the N-word following the attack

A Portland, Oregon, jury has cleared a black man of assault charges for stabbing a white man — after it was revealed that the victim said the N-word after the attack.

Gary Edwards, 43, was found not guilty of second-degree assault after knifing Gregory Howard Jr., 43, on July 7, KPTV reported.

Edwards admitted to stabbing Howard Jr., but claimed it was in self-defense after the victim had used racial slurs, Oregon Live reported.

Both men are homeless and have lengthy rap sheets.

Video from transit cameras showed Edwards approach Howard, who was sitting on a bench, from behind with a fixed-blade knife in his hand.

As soon as Howard sees Edwards, he jumps up and starts pushing him, and the pair briefly scuffle against a wall before Edwards suddenly stabs Howard in the shoulder.

There is no audio on the video, but Edwards’ defense attorney, Daniel Small, told the jury his client was approaching Howard to see if he would trade his knife for cigarettes.

Police body camera footage captured Howard calling Edwards the N-word in the aftermath of the attack, after cops rushed over to intervene.

Howard claimed he only used the racial slur after being stabbed, but Edwards testified that the victim called him the word the moment he saw him.

“What other than racism could explain why Mr Howard perceived hatred, animosity and aggression from a complete stranger?” Small told the jury.
116 posts omitted

US National Park Service removes free entry on MLK Day and Juneteenth

No.1463307 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cr7l4n89lr1o

The US National Park Service (NPS) is removing Martin Luther King Jr Day and Juneteenth from its list of fee-free entrance days.

The move is part of President Donald Trump's "modernisation" of the park service, which, beginning in 2026, also includes changing the parks' cost structure to favour American citizens over foreign visitors, following a July executive order from Trump.

In addition to removing the two holidays that celebrate civil rights leader MLK Jr and the end of slavery in the US, the agency is adding Flag Day, which is also Trump's birthday, as a "patriotic" fee-free day.

People who are not US citizens will still have to pay fees on the fee-free dates, the NPS said.

For the 2026 calendar year, US residents will be granted free access to national parks on President's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day/President Trump's birthday, Independence Day weekend, 110th Birthday of the National Park Service, Constitution Day, Theodore Roosevelt's birthday and Veteran's Day.

Previously, Martin Luther King Jr Day and Juneteenth were both deemed fee-free entry days by the Biden administration.

Under the Trump administration's new rules, US residents will continue to pay $80 (£60) for an annual park service pass.

But for non-residents, the cost will rise from $80 to to $250, the Department of the Interior, which oversees the park service, announced last month. Those without a pass will now pay $100 per person, in addition to the standard entrance fee, at 11 of the most visited parks.

"President Trump's leadership always puts American families first," said Secretary of the Interior Doug Burgum.
7 posts omitted

Appled sued in the Netherland

No.1463440 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.techradar.com/pro/eu-court-gives-the-dutch-the-green-light-to-pursue-apple-app-store-anti-trust-case
The Court of Justice of the European Union has ruled that Dutch courts do have jurisdiction over a case against Apple’s App Store, brought forward by two Dutch foundations.
They allege that the App Store’s commissions are excessive and anticompetitive, therefore harming Dutch users including both consumers and developers.
Apple has previously argued that the Netherlands lacked jurisdiction because the damage did not happen in the Netherlands, however the European court has now dismissed that argument.

Trump ban on wind power projects overturned by federal judge

No.1463763 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.cnbc.com/2025/12/08/trump-ban-on-wind-power-projects-overturned-by-federal-judge.html

A federal judge on Monday struck down President Donald Trump’s sweeping ban on new wind power projects in the U.S., a major victory for an industry that has been singled out by the White House since the administration’s first day.

Judge Patti Saris of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts ruled that Trump’s ban is “arbitrary and capricious and contrary to law,” tossing out the president’s action in its entirety.

Trump issued a memorandum on Jan. 20 halting permits and leases for offshore and onshore wind farms, pending federal review. Saris said that federal agencies had failed to provide a reasoned explanation for such a drastic change in U.S. policy.

Seventeen states led by New York Attorney General Letitia James sued Trump in May to overturn the president’s ban. They argued it created “an existential threat to the wind industry.”
8 posts omitted

Dexerto: Youtube CEO says it will expand AI MOD TOOLS

No.1463721 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
From
https://www.dexerto.com/
On X
https://x.com/Dexerto/status/1998121010210464079
YouTube's CEO says the platform will proceed with expanded AI moderation tools despite recent backlash. Neal Mohan added that AI will enable a "new class of creators" who previously lacked the skills or equipment