Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!a79QlKYWb.
[365 / 41 / ?]

AtlA: Azula grows a conscience

!a79QlKYWb. ID:tISeD5DA No.5964341 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The truth is you should be the next Fire Lord.

You are stronger, smarter, more cunning. Uncle Iroh is a coward, Zuzu is weak. And father? He was great, of course he was, but he is lost in his own delusion, too haughty, too proud. You could be more pragmatic, understand how a Fire Lord’s tools can remain useful. Father banished Zuko, you would’ve simply shamed him, then you’d have kept Iroh as well. Iroh was not the Dragon of the West for nothing. Simply removing Zuko’s right to inherit would’ve been enough.

You clench your fist, of course, father would never trust a woman with his birthright. You were always better, you learned first and learned faster, you did everything you could to please him, but it wasn’t enough. You never dared mention it to his face.

“Lady Azula.” A voice says from outside the palanquin. “We have arrived.”

“Good, this journey was getting tiresome.”

You step out and your servants bow. You take the first steps on the palace’s front stairs.

The Fire Lord’s room is blazing hot, as it always is, yet this waiting your father put you through before he turns around and speaks feels cold, as cold as the bloody ice sheets of the water tribes.

“Azula.” He says, not turning to face you. “Dire news have come to my ears. A great surge of power was spotted by a passing ship in the northern arctic seas. I believe this can only mean one thing: The Avatar has returned..”

“The Avatar?” You utter in surprise. A thing of the history books, a person that can master all four elements and brings balance to the world. “The Avatar hasn’t been seen in a hundred years..”

“And yet, no other living being could exude this amount of power .” He continues. “He is roaming the northern ice sheets, likely sheltered by the Northern Water Tribe.”

“Let me lead an expedition there.” You reply. “I’ll finish off the Avatar.” Perhaps Mai and Ty Lee could be of use here, along with a few dozen mooks to clean up whatever waterbenders were hiding this old relic.

“Prince Zuko is on his way already.”

“Prince Zuko?!” Your tone almost shows the anger boiling inside you. “He’s an exile, banished! You can’t trust him to do anything right. Please, father…”

“Silence.” The flames around your father roar, you feel their heat creep close to your face, close to your left eye. “You think I do not have a plan? That I brought you here to hear your counsel?!”

You put your hands to the floor and bow your head. “No, father.” You bite your lower lip. “I would never.”

“You will go with your brother, Azula, and you will make sure he kills the Avatar.” He says.

You bite harder and taste your own blood. “He must be the one to kill the Avatar?”

“Of course.” Father replies. “Though he has failed the Fire Nation once, he would regain his honor by killing the Avatar and assume his position as my heir once more.”

Then he would no longer have to hear the whispers of the generals that say his line ends with him.

Even though you are there, you have always been there.